Agency: Y&R, Paris
Art Director: Gregory Jeanjacquot
Copywriter: Nicolas Gerard
Illustrator: John-Paul Thurlow
Client: Surfrider Foundation
Copy: Each year, millions of marine animals are killed by our rubbish. Sign the petition against marine debris at notonourbeaches.com.
- Cognitive: Trash directly kills animals.
- Affective: The viewer should gasp. The image should invoke a sense of guilt and horror.
- Conative: Reduce, reuse, recycle and sign the online petition.
Everything on the planet is interconnected. Though as individuals our actions may seem isolated, collectively they yield devastating effects on our planet. This campaign reaches out to the individual so that we may may changes as a whole. Artwork is hand drawn to show horrific images meant to visually arrest the viewer. In each piece a single person will be committing an act of murder while a vessel resides in the distant background to subtly show how it takes many people to allow just one person to commit murder through reckless waste.
Collectively we can save the lives of marine animals.
- Visual: A sailor suffocates a penguin with soda pop plastic rings. He stands behind it, both hands pulling on the ring six-pack, one foot pushing on it’s back. Ship and glacier in the background.
- Copy: Each year, millions of marine animals are killed by our rubbish. Sign the petition against marine debris at notonourbeaches.com.